OLLI@UGA is a member-led organization and member volunteers play a vital role in its success. During Volunteer Appreciation Week we'll be celebrating volunteers from across the breadth of the organization by posting stories throughout the week. Scroll down to see why people volunteer, and what you can gain from being part of OLLI@UGA.
Short-term and long-term volunteer opportunities are available. Collating new member packets, being a class host, working on or leading a committee, even teaching are just a few examples. (Volunteer Opportunities are exclusively for OLLI members, with the exceptions of UGA Silver Dawgs and Teach for OLLI, which are open to the public.)
Interested in Volunteering?
Email or call the OLLI Office (email@example.com, 706-542-7715) with your contact information and our Volunteer Coordinator, will be in touch to discuss how your talent, time, and willingness can help continue to drive the mission of OLLI@UGA!
Our committees provide ample opportunity for engagement, offering one-time and ongoing assignments to committee participants. OLLI committees are always open to interested OLLI members. Learn more about our committees and volunteers.
|Curriculum||Renny Barnes / Bob Yorczyk|
|Fund Development||Jan Turner|
|Long-Range Strategic Planning||Susan Dougherty|
|Marketing and Communications||Patricia Dixen|
|Shared Interest Groups||Terry Kaley|
UGA SILVER DAWGS
• Game day ambassador program in collaboration with the University of Georgia Athletic Association
• Assist visitors to Athens on game days by answering questions and giving directions
• Moderate amounts of standing and walking around the stadium in all weather conditions
• All questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or (706) 542-9036.
OLLI@UGA welcomes ideas for new courses and programs. Anyone can suggest a class or presenter to the curriculum committee. Although many of our instructors are professors, presenters DO NOT need previous teaching experience. An individual with a passion to share a hobby or an art or other interest would make an outstanding OLLI presenter! OLLI faculty and students enjoy studying together without the pressure of exams and grades!
HOW TO PROPOSE A CLASS
• Spring class proposals due no later than April 30, 2020
• Download a sample of a completed course proposal form
• Complete our most current proposal form online
• Word Document (please return the form by email to email@example.com)
Two Shared Interest Groups encourage volunteering in the Athens community: OLLI Buddies (Tutoring) and Athens Everybody Reads.