The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at the University of Georgia (OLLI@UGA) in Athens
began as Learning in Retirement (LIR) in 1994. In February 2009, LIR became OLLI@UGA, a dynamic Learning and Social Community. OLLI@UGA is a member-led organization with
elected officers and board members, as well as professional staff. Membership in OLLI@UGA
is open to anyone age 50 or older.
- OLLI@UGA is one of 125 Osher Lifelong Learning Institutes of The Bernard Osher Foundation,
each affiliated with a college or university across the country
- OLLI@UGA membership: 1,000+ members from the Athens area
- 400+ non-credit courses per year: literature, history, religion, health, science,
food, social sciences, art, architecture, personal finance, computers, lifestyle issues
and more topics
- Travel/Study Adventures: local, regional, national, and international
- 30+ Shared Interest Groups (SIGs) exclusively for members: hiking, writing, photography,
bridge, gardening, music, kayaking, film/book discussions, and so much more
- Social events throughout the year: Lifelong Learning Fair, holiday Dutch-treat luncheons,
parties, picnics, volunteer appreciation events
- Primary location is UGA’s River’s Crossing building, 850 College Station Road in Athens,
GA (contact us here)
- 4 full- or part-time staff
- Volunteer leadership: 4 officers elected annually, 10 board members elected to 2-year
terms, 12 committee chairs.
Not ready to join but want to keep up to date with what's going on? Subscribe to our mailing list.