Membership in OLLI@UGA
If you’re a newcomer to the Athens area, joining OLLI@UGA is a great way to meet people with similar interests. If you’re a native, it’s a fun way to reconnect with old friends and meet new ones. As an OLLI@UGA member, you’ll have access to a variety of educational, cultural, and social programs. And it’s all just for the fun of it, no exams or grades!
Membership is open to anyone over the age of 50. We have no restrictions based on educational background, and our classroom facilities are handicap-accessible.
Membership entitles you to:
- Enroll in any number of OLLI courses, activities, trips and social events at a low fee per session. To view the courses available now, please see the Course Catalog.
- Participate in any or all of our more than 20 Special Interest Groups at no additional charge
- Attend a number of social events through the year: New member Meet & Greet, parties for Valentines, St Patrick’s Day, Back to School, Winter Holidays and more…
- Receive OLLI@UGA catalogs, newsletters and fliers in the mail
- A UGA library card, providing access to over 4,000,000 volumes and 7,000 print journals
- A wide range of rewarding volunteer opportunities
Our membership year is July 1 to June 30. Membership fees are $50 and allow participation in all classes, social events, travel/study opportunities, and Special Interest Groups. All memberships expire June 30.
In general, courses cost $8 or less per session, plus parking. Parking passes for our River’s Crossing classroom building are $2 and are good for a full day. Our Luncheon Programs at Trump’s Catering provide a presentation on a specific topic followed by lunch. They cost $20 each, and parking is complimentary. Luncheon Programs at Central Presbyterian Church cost $12, including parking. Through the Travel Study Program, some national and international travel opportunities are also offered.
Most of our courses are held at the UGA River’s Crossing building on the south end of the UGA campus, 850 College Station Rd. Our Luncheon Programs are held at Trumps Catering or at Central Presbyterian Church. For directions to any of these locations, see our Maps and Directions page. A few events take place at other venues, as noted in our catalog, and directions will be provided.
You have three choices. You can
- Purchase a membership online and pay for it by credit card. If you prefer this method, go to the Join or Renew button on the OLLI homepage for instructions.
- Print out our Membership form, fill it out and mail it along with your check made out to OLLI@UGA or with your credit card information to OLLI@UGA, 850 College Station Road, Athens, GA 30602.
After you join, you will receive a New Member kit which includes a printed name tag and plastic holder, the most recent copy of our newsletter, a membership directory and our current by-laws and policies and procedures.
If you have questions about membership or anything else, please call our office at (706) 542-7715 or email email@example.com.