OLLI@UGA Spring Serendipity Event
Learn about Botswana and the safari experience form those who know them best: Experienced safari guides from Botswana.
Thursday, March 2, 2017
1:30 – 3:30
Bibi and Andy will share personal life experiences in Botswana. Bibi will talk about his family background, how he became interested in wildlife and conservation, and his many experiences as a safari guide. Bibi led an OLLI@UGA Travel Study safari trip to Botswana in 2013. Andy will add to the presentation with his beautiful photography and his own stories about life in Botswana. They encourage an interactive experience between discussion, imagery and personal recollections.
Some additional information shared about Bibi:
- He’s been a safari guide for 20 years.
- Some of the longest safaris that he’s guided have run from South Africa all the way up to Kenya
- Bibi knows how to track animals and can tell if the tracks are fresh and worth following
- He is married with 3 children; the youngest must be about 7 years old now! He lives in Maun
- The Shorobe Primary School which we visited is the school that he attended as a child
- Bibi cooks very well and sometimes has been a guide / chef for some of the tours