Make the most of your OLLI@UGA Experience –
Volunteer as a Class Host
OLLI@UGA members give back to the organization in many ways. One is by agreeing to serve as a class host. Serving as the liaison between the OLLI office and the presenter and the presenter and the class. It’s a short-term commitment with long-term satisfaction.
- Email the instructor and then the class 1-2 weeks before the class begins.
- Arrive early for each class.
- Check for room number posted in glass wall case at front of River’s Crossing.
- Pick-up at office – slide advancer and microphone, if needed. The sign-in sheet and attached gift certificate for presenter are in file outside of office.
- Go to classroom – turn on lights, projector, and make sure there are enough chairs
- Type user name and password into computer. Plug advancer thumb drive into USB port.
- Ask class to sign-in on official sheet.
- Introduce the presenter using bio from OLLI catalog and then give the gift certificate.
- Thank the presenter and mention that the class will receive an email to provide feedback.
- Turn in sign-in sheet (and any borrowed equipment).